There is a fully detached home is Kissime FL for $195 000 on a short sale.. How much would you offer firm ? The home was built in 2005 and seems to be excellent. ?? Help !
Oh boy, there seems to be a glut of properties for sale in Kissimmee.
The way banks handle short sale offers can be confusing and often times, frustrating. To increase your odds:
1. Find out which bank is involved. Get preapproved at that bank, even if you do not plan on borrowing from them. Make sure the bank knows in your offer that you are preapproved with them. If you are already doing business at that bank it’s a plus.
2. Research what the average actual sales price/square foot has been for the neighborhood you’re looking in.
3. Take a half hour to drive by and view those recent sales.
4. Do a quick calculation to determine, based on your research, what a fair price is relative to the current market, not the asking price.
5. Make your best offer. Keep in mind that at current 30 yr mortgage rates, an extra $1k in money borrowed equals about $5.50 per month. Don’t be penny wise and pound foolish and miss the house if you really want it.